NRL News

Women’s Day Celebrants Ignore Basest Violence against Women

by | Mar 8, 2013

By Rai Rojas


Rai Rojas

Today is International Women’s Day.

It’s also the end of a cold and snowy first week of the United Nations’ 57th Commission on the Status of Women  (CSW) at UN headquarters in New York City.  The theme of this year’s Commission is “Elimination and Prevention of all Forms of Violence Against Women and Girls.” 

Unfortunately, the most radical of feminists have once again hijacked the commission and have turned it into an all too common exercise in misandry [hatred of men].

During the course of the week I have witnessed a “Sacred Circle” where participants were “empowered” to protect women using the Gaia within us all.  I’ve heard pregnancy discussed as a weapon against women–one presenter claimed that in some cultures men keep their wives pregnant as a way of keeping them submissive.

I have also seen a ridiculous yet vicious and escalating attack against the Holy See – an organization that spends millions of dollars EVERY DAY feeding, educating, and healing women all over the world.

But lost in all the clucking about ending violence against women, is the mere mention of the violence meted out on women by the profiteers and purveyors of legal abortion. How can that be?  Consider that former US Secretary of State Madeline Albright said that “There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.”  Amen to that.

That statement doesn’t bode well for many here at the CSW and it certainly doesn’t bode well for one Pearl Gosnell. Remember Pearl?  I do.

Pearl is the 49- year-old wife of abortionist Kermit B. Gosnell, M.D., who for years allegedly butchered women in his infamous abortion clinic in one of the poorest neighborhood in Philly.  During the grand jury testimony, it was discovered that some of the most heinous abortions occurred on Sunday, when the clinic was closed and the only person assisting Gosnell was his wife Pearl [a cosmetologist by profession], a woman with no medical license and next to no formal medical training.

These are highlights from the grand jury report on what happened on those Sunday afternoons:

Dr. Gosnell didn’t just kill babies. He was also a deadly threat to mothers.

Not every abortion could be completed by inducing labor and delivery. On these occasions, Gosnell would attempt to remove the fetus himself. The consequences were often calamitous – though that didn’t stop the doctor from trying to cover them up.

One woman, for example, was left lying in place for hours after Gosnell tore her cervix and colon while trying, unsuccessfully, to extract the fetus. Relatives who came to pick her up were refused entry into the building; they had to threaten to call the police. They eventually found her inside, bleeding and incoherent, and transported her to the hospital, where doctors had to remove almost half a foot of her intestines.

On another occasion, Gosnell simply sent a patient home, after keeping her mother waiting for hours, without telling either of them that she still had fetal parts inside her. Gosnell insisted she was fine, even after signs of serious infection set in over the next several days. By the time her mother got her to the emergency room, she was unconscious and near death.

A nineteen-year-old girl was held for several hours after Gosnell punctured her uterus. As a result of the delay, she fell into shock from blood loss, and had to undergo a hysterectomy.

One patient went into convulsions during an abortion, fell off the procedure table, and hit her head on the floor. Gosnell wouldn’t call an ambulance, and wouldn’t let the woman’s companion leave the building so that he could call an ambulance.

Karnamaya Mongar was a 41-year- old, refugee who had recently come to the United States from a resettlement camp in Nepal. When she arrived at the clinic, Gosnell, as usual, was not there. Office workers had her sign various forms that she could not read, and then began doping her up. She received repeated unmonitored, unrecorded intravenous injections of Demerol, a sedative seldom used in recent years because of its dangers. Gosnell liked it because it was cheap.

After several hours, Mrs. Mongar simply stopped breathing. When employees finally noticed, Gosnell was called in and briefly attempted to give CPR. He couldn’t use the defibrillator (it was broken); nor did he administer emergency medications that might have restarted her heart. After further crucial delay, paramedics finally arrived, but Mrs. Mongar was probably brain dead before they were even called.

In the meantime, the clinic staff hooked up machinery and rearranged her body to make it look like they had been in the midst of a routine, safe abortion procedure.

Even then, there might have been some slim hope of reviving Mrs. Mongar. The paramedics were able to generate a weak pulse. But, because of the cluttered hallways and the padlocked emergency door, it took them over twenty minutes just to find a way to get her out of the building.

Doctors at the hospital managed to keep her heart beating, but they never knew what they were trying to treat, because Gosnell and his staff lied about how much anesthesia they had given, and who had given it. By that point, there was no way to restore any neurological activity. Life support was removed the next day. Karnamaya Mongar was pronounced dead.

If the women at the CSW [Commission on the Status of Women] are serious about protecting other women from the basest of all violence, then let’s please discuss why Miss Mongar isn’t here to celebrate Women’s Day or where is  Tonya Reaves, or Jennifer Morbelli  or countless others who are all dead from “safe and legal” abortion.

What would Gaia say about that? We know what Secretary Albright had to say – a special place in hell indeed.

Categories: Abortion