NRL News

Gosnell worker sentenced for involvement in “pill mill,” lengthier sentence coming for her role in death of baby who “jumped”

by | May 20, 2014


By Dave Andrusko

Lynda Williams

Lynda Williams

Readers of NRL News Today will instantly recognize the name Lynda Williams. Perhaps fuzzy on the details, they will associate her in some way with convicted murderer abortionist Kermit Gosnell.

Her testimony, along that of Adrienne Moton, was crucial. Both testified babies that were aborted were born alive. No one who attended the six-week-long trial which culminated in Gosnell sentenced to three consecutive life sentences for three first-degree murders, or even read about it, will forget what the 45-year-old Williams said. According to Philadelphia Inquirer reporter Joseph A. Slobodzian

“One of her duties, Williams said, was to retrieve fetuses women would sometimes spontaneously abort in the waiting room after getting large doses of drugs to dilate the cervix.

“One day, Williams testified, a woman expelled a second-trimester fetus into the toilet and it was moving. Williams said she took a pair of scissors and snipped the spine as Gosnell showed her.

“’I did it once, and I didn’t do it again because it gave me the creeps,’ Williams said.”

Artist sketch of abortionist Kermit Gosnell during his murder trial

Artist sketch of abortionist Kermit Gosnell during his murder trial

More specifically, Williams testified that on this occasion Gosnell was gone. A woman (having taken a potent drug to induce contractions) delivered her baby into a toilet. Williams was one of the untrained staff that Gosnell showed how to ensure “fetal demise.” As instructed, she jabbed the surgical scissors into the baby’s defenseless neck.

“It jumped, the arm,” Williams testified, demonstrating the arm motion to the jury.

Williams was sentenced in federal court Saturday to 2 1/2 years in prison for her role in the illegal “pill-mill” case. That is the part of the Gosnell case that most people don’t know about or have forgotten.

Click here to read the May issue of
National Right to Life News,
the “pro-life newspaper of record.”

Gosnell’s Women’s Medical Society was raided in 2010 not because of anything related to abortion. The discovery that Gosnell was running a “Baby Charnel House” was an almost accidental byproduct of a probe into a huge business in illegal drugs.

When they raided his abortion clinic authorities were looking for evidence that Gosnell was selling what turned out to be massive amounts of pills containing “the narcotic painkiller oxycodone and the generic version of the anti-anxiety drug Xanax,” according to Slobodzian. (Late last year Gosnell pleaded guilty.)

In July 2012 Williams pled guilty to distribution of controlled substances and conspiracy. She had collected money and accepted tips in return for handing out illegal prescriptions.

But much worse is likely coming Wednesday. Julie Shaw of the Philadelphia Daily News reported

“Williams, who was unlicensed, helped with abortions and gave patients anesthesia. She had pleaded guilty in November 2011 in the state case to two counts of third-degree murder – one involving the 2009 death of Karnamaya Mongar, 41, an abortion patient to whom Williams had administered anesthesia, and the other involving the death of one of seven babies whose spinal cords were cut after having been born alive.

“Her sentence in the state case is expected to be lengthier than the one handed down yesterday.”

Please join those who are following me on Twitter at Send your comments to

Categories: Gosnell